Tuesday 2 March 2010

Tim's Response

Very kindly got a reply from Tim regarding the last post..
"To answer some of your questions, the pieces in the Under The Fort series are very small, about 5"X5" and the New Ground piece is about 18" wide. I'm using a medium typically used for proposals for actual work and making it something that can become permanent work itself, it takes on completely different aesthetics in it's scale and I enjoy the ability to manipulate the perspective. Also many of the pieces represented in these series could not be built in the real world, questioning the notion of function altogether. There is another irony in imagining a proposal for a tree house or a child making a formal proposal for such a thing. I'm always interested in a way to get back to the time when I built work intuitively, albeit naive, this work is also one way for me to explore that." 

No comments:

Post a Comment