Tuesday 20 May 2014

Ted Larsen
































































Some interesting creations by Ted Larsen, with the Constructed Objects Series being most the successful and resolved, the materials having reached the correct state of calmness and poise.
"Introducing alternative and salvage materials to my own formally driven abstract sculpture, I hope to bring purist shapes and surfaces back down to earth.  I quest for new materials, "non-art materials" to create my work.  The work is based on a post-meduim studio practice.  I am constructing bricolage works in order to re-purpose the materials and re-identify their meanings: to re-contextualize and re-label the idea of Ready-mades.  It is my on-going experimentation with contexts, hybrids, and scale."

No comments:

Post a Comment